Sunday, January 16, 2011

Random Thoughts

I find I use this blog for overflow thoughts.  When life is occupying all my mental energy,  I don't write much.  But when I feel restless and want somewhere to go that might - someday - be read by someone, well, here I am.  Ten months since I last wrote.  Well... if anyone's still out there with the heart to listen, read on.

I'm dating this wonderful guy, Mike.  I'm really glad the Lord has brought him into my life.  Wow, such a change since 10 months ago, feeling overburdened in Brazil.  Life still has its challenges, but I'm so overflowed with joy and abundant grace that they don't seem so heavy just now.  Thank you, Jesus, for that.

He's given me a wonderful church community at Ascension in Pittsburgh.  Thank you, Lord, for that.  The 100-year-old building in which we meet may be but a symbol of the richness of the fellowship, but somehow, the place seems hallowed... sanctified by its many years of worshipers, by the countless prayers whispered within its walls, by the many tears and abundant laughs that it has seen.  I can't thank God enough for Church of the Ascension.  Through its rich community He has provided for my every need and more.  Thank you, Jesus.

Yet life seems a little hollow right now... because... well... because Karis is still not well.  Oh, she's better than she has been in weeks.  Yet... we're just waiting for the next disaster.  What a terrible attitude, yes?  One that has been honed by far too many disappointments.  Lord, have mercy.  Christ, have mercy.  Lord, have mercy.  Lord, you speak to me and tell me that my identity is not in this, my calling and career are not to be hindered by this.  May I live into that release, Lord, that freedom, that sense of you in me calling me outward and inward.

Blessed be your name... in the land that is plentiful.

No comments: